Front End Web Developer | WordPress | SharePoint
Why your website should be a mobile-friendly website
As more and more of us turn to our phones and tablets to browse the internet, it’s worth ensuring your website is mobile-friendly. A responsive design means that whether you’re using a desktop computer or tablet, everything will look great on whichever device you choose to access it through.
Understand the difference between mobile-friendly websites and desktop websites.
Mobile websites are smaller and more straightforward than desktop websites. They are optimized for viewing on mobile devices, which means they have a different layout and content than their counterparts on desktop computers.
Mobile websites can be made with either a responsive design or an adaptive layout. A responsive design automatically changes your site’s layout based on your device’s screen size–it’ll look different when you’re using an iPhone than when you’re using a laptop or desktop computer! An adaptive layout uses specific rules to determine what kind of content should appear in each page area based on its preset rules (rather than changing automatically).
Verify your site is mobile responsive.
If you are still determining if your site is mobile-friendly, several tools can help you check.
You can use the Google Mobile-Friendly test or another tool to see how well your website performs on various devices.
After entering your URL and selecting which device(s) to test on, these tools will show whether your site passes as “mobile friendly” by providing an overall score and specific recommendations for improvement.
Ensure your site works on all devices with a variety of screen sizes.
- Ensure your site works on all devices with a variety of screen sizes.
- Use a responsive design so it adapts to different screen sizes.
- Use a device emulator to check your site works on other devices.
- Use a responsive design tool to test your site on other devices.
Check out your site on different devices, such as iPhones and Android.
If you haven’t already, it’s time to look at your website on different devices, such as iPhones and Android. Check out the site on tablets too. And remember to check out the site in other browsers like Chrome and Firefox.
Google offers a tool called “Mobile-Friendly Test” that will scan your website for mobile-friendliness issues and give you an idea of how well it would perform on mobile devices like smartphones or tablets.
It’s worth investing in a good, responsive design that works well across all devices.
Mobile devices are becoming increasingly popular, so investing in a good, responsive design that works well across all devices is worth investing in.
- It’s cheaper than having two separate websites.
- It’s good for SEO (search engine optimization).
- Furthermore, it’s suitable for users, who will find it easy to navigate your site on any device or platform–and if you have an app, too! Suppose a user has trouble accessing content on their phone or tablet because of poor design or functionality issues with their browser. In that case, they may not come back again–or even worse: they might leave negative reviews about their experience online, which could affect future sales.
I hope you’ve found this article helpful in understanding the importance of mobile-friendly websites. If your site still needs to become mobile-friendly, don’t worry. I can help. Get in touch with me to get started.